Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company (BPI Co.) has developed, documented, implemented and maintains Quality Management System for managing information security, Health and Safety at Work Management System and Environmental Management System.
Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company was certified on the Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008 in June 2007 and re-certified with certificate valid up to September 15, 2018.
As of 23.04.2014 BPI Co. is certified on the Health and Safety at Work Management System (MHSWS) in accordance with the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and re-certified with certificate valid up to 22.04.2020.
In order to ensure security of information as of 07.12.2012 in BPI Co. was implemented Information Security Management System BDS ISO/IEC 27001:2006.
In accordance with the approved quality policies and goals, BPI Co management defined and documented Integrated Management System (IMS) to meet the requirements of the International Standard ISO 9001:2015, BDS ISO/IEC 27001:2006, BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 14001:2015. The Integrated Management System is described in a Handbook.
On 31.10.2017 was approved the Quality Management System compliance with the requirements of the new version of standard ISO 9001:2015 and upgrading the Integrated Management System (IMS) with Environmental Management System (EMS) according to the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
In 2018 BPI Co. is expected to be certified on the Quality Management System version ISO 9001:2015 and on the Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2015.
The objectives of the management system are:
- services provided to fully meet user requirements to port infrastructure and the relevant provisions of the Maritime Spaces, Inland Waterways and Ports of the Republic of Bulgaria Act and the Merchant Shipping Code and to determine the sequence of processes and to achieve their control, maintenance and efficient functioning, ensuring the necessary quality of the services provided;
- to motivate staff to achieve the desired level of service quality by defining requirements for suppliers;
- eliminate or reduce, to an acceptable minimum, the risk to staff and other stakeholders who may be exposed to hazards related to the health and safety of work arising from their activities.
- eliminate or reduce to an acceptable minimum the risks related to the security of information in BPI Co. in order to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of information;
- prevent environmental pollution by identifying relevant environmental aspects and planning, taking and reporting measures to minimize their environmental impact;
- periodically evaluate processes, plan and perform actions to achieve the planned results and to continually improve them.
The Integrated Management System provides for:
- achieving confidence in all users of conformity of services to their specific requirements and applicable standards/ regulations;
- commitment, involvement and effective relationships of all staff to achieve continuous improvement of quality of services;
- effectively maintain and improve service quality at all stages of the service offered by BPI Co. by controlling the technical, administrative and human factors affecting the quality;
- regular review of technology, methods, principles and mechanisms for the protection of information for the purposes of the activities in BPI Co;
- regular review of the methodology approaches and criteria for identifying, analysing, evaluating, treating and accept the risks;
- maintenance and periodic testing of the framework of plans for the continuity the processes in BPI Co;
- maintaining a system of rules for the reporting and investigation of management failings and/ or incidents related to information security;
- maintenance of highly qualified personnel for the IMS;
- identify and comply with legislative and regulatory requirements related to the quality and security of information;
- implementation of generally accepted standards and best practices for the purpose of quality and information security.
The senior management of BPI Co. ensures the definition and meeting of the requirements of the customers, the users, with the aim of increasing their satisfaction. The management recognizes that the requirements for the services provided include also regulatory requirements related to the management of port infrastructure and the provision of port services as well as additional requirements to the processes defined internally by the company. The aim is to identify and address even the “future” unpublished clients requirements (including stakeholders and society as a whole), through appropriate survey, measurement and satisfaction analysis and factors defining the requirements for the national port infrastructure.