Annual Program for construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, maintenance, development and management of the infrastructure of public transport ports of national importance of Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company is developed on the basis of Art. 115u, para. 2 of MSIWPRBA
The purpose of the Annual Program of BPI Co. is to present the main guidelines in the object of activity.
Funds for the implementation of the Annual Program shall be provided in accordance with Art. 115c, para. 1 of MSIWPRBA:
- Port charges under Art. 103c, para. 1 of MSIWPRBA;
- Revenues from own activities;
- Interest on deposits of own funds and defaults;
- State Budget;
- Activities related to the implementation of the object of activity of Art. 115m, para. 1;
- Funds provided free (donations);
- Grants under European Union Programs.
The Annual Program presents forecast for spending the funds forming the budget of BPI Co. under the provisions of the law:
- to implement the object of activity of BPI Co under Art. 115m, para. 1;
- to ensure safety of navigation channels and water area of public transport ports of national importance;
- BPI Co. sustentation.
According to the assessment of situation of the transport sector in Bulgaria (OP Transport and Transport Infrastructure 2014–2020) at the time the river and sea transport is underdeveloped and their use is directly dependent on the development of inland services, short sea shipping (concept development of the EU motorways of the sea) and provision of efficient port services.
European transport policy considers a priority the development of maritime transport and inland waterways – key components of modality, that enable to overcome the growing congestion of road and rail infrastructure and air pollution combating.
Ports are of vital importance for the European transport business, for the competitiveness of Europe and also have great potential for job creation and for investments.
The trend for development of public river and sea ports of national importance is related to concessions and liberalization of port services taking into account the needs for improvement of technical conditions of the port infrastructures and port water areas.
Therefore the main priorities when planning the Annual Program of BPI Co. are:
- Effective maintenance, modernization and development of the transport infrastructure;
- Integrating the Bulgarian transport system in Europe;
- Transparent and harmonized conditions for competition in the transport market. Providing better business environment;
- Ensuring adequate funding for the operation and development of the transport sector;
- Limiting the negative impact of transport on the environment and human health;
- Achieving high level of safety and security of transport;
- Providing quality and accessible transport in all regions of the country;
- Sustainable development of mass public transport.
The vision for the development of the transport sector by 2020 – Bulgaria have modern, safe and secure transport system that meets the needs for quality and safe transport.
The Annual Program for construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation and maintenance of the public transport ports of national importance of BPI Co. for 2015 is approved by the Deputy Minister of Transport, Information Technology and Communication Anton Ginev by Order No PD-88/11.05.2015, on the basis of Art. 137 and Art. 221, in reference to Art. 147, para. 2 and Art. 232а of Commercial Act, Art. 115n, p. 1 of Maritime Spaces, Inland Waterways and Ports of the Republic of Bulgaria Act and Order RD-08-218/27.04.2015 of the Minister of Transport, Information Technology and Communications.
Annual Program 2014 Annual Program 2013